Monday 17 May 2021

No Timid Beasts Tamed This Time

 No timid beasts to tame this time, a week on from my last visit to Brussleton Wood, County Durham, except for some squirrely squirrels (grey) that didn't run away from me, but they didn't seem to react to my playing either.

So a week on, due to the cold Spring delaying them, there was now a fine show of bluebells, but it is still not at its peak for this wood. I was in nearby Bellburn Wood the other day, and that was much more advanced on the slopes facing west, but not so much on the east facing slope, and Brussleton faces north.

So here goes. Todays little trip. Basically the same as last week, but greener.


The Roman Road again.

There are some lovely old rowan trees along this bit. 


And into the main wood again.


Looking mostly green at the moment.


It was about here that there was a group of squirrely grey squirrels, who didn't run off, but they weren't that impressed with my playing! LOL!



That's more like it! Bluebell wise.







I wandered a little deeper into the wood this time, looking for a spot to sit and play. And then suddenly my Russian Tank/Tongue Drum 'ponged', even though I hadn't knocked it. I took this as a sign, that this was the right place. On the way back to the car, it made several similar noises, and it turned out that the keys in my pocket would occasionally knock against it. LOL! But at the time it seemed all very 'magical and mysterious'. LOL! But then again, why should it happen when it happened? right where there was a convenient place to sit and play?


And! When I placed the drum on this branch it actually hummed with happiness!


So this is the spot that seemed to have been decided for me where I should play.


Before I started I did this little video (above) of the area so you could see the extent of the bluebells and hear the bird song. The carrion crow was particularly noticeable.


Bluebells surrounded me. 😊



I managed to prop the outsmartsmephone up so that you could enjoy seeing the Bluebells while I played, rather than seeing me.

I do love my drum.


And a couple more views to end with.





No comments:

Post a Comment